Now more than ever, we must advocate for clean hands for all!
– Global Handwashing Partnership
The time is NOW to defend against community acquired infections (CAIs). Among other preventative measures, such as social distancing, frequent and proper hand hygiene is an important measure in decreasing and slowing the spread of COVID-19. According to the World Health Organization, “Hand Hygiene is one of the most effective actions you can take to reduce the spread of pathogens and prevent infections, including the COVID-19 virus.”1
Each year the World Health Organization’s “SAVE LIVES: Clean Your Hands” global campaign spotlights the importance of hand hygiene in preventing infections.
“CLEAN YOUR HANDS DAY” is celebrated on May 5th and Sani Professional® is proud to support its mission.
Not only is hand washing an essential part of protecting us from the current heath crisis, hand hygiene is also an essential component of every foodservice operation. Poor personal hygiene has been shown to be a contributing factor in up to 38% of foodborne illness outbreaks.
Poor personal hygiene has been shown to be a contributing factor in up to 38% of foodborne illness outbreaks.1
Each hour, foodservice employees carry out about nine tasks that require handwashing; yet one study showed they only washed their hands in 27% of these activities!
At a minimum, hands should be washed:
- On arrival for shift
- Before touching food or food equipment
- After using the restroom
- After coughing, sneezing, smoking or eating
- After touching dirty utensils or equipment
- After wiping hands on an apron, uniform or body parts other than clean hands or arms
- Prior to putting on and after removing gloves
- After handling money
- After taking garbage out or using a dumpster
When soap and water aren’t available, or as an added layer of protection, the CDC recommends the use of an alcohol-based sanitizer. Sani Professional® Hands Instant Sanitizing Wipes are ideal for busy foodservice environments. They’re a convenient hand hygiene solution for staff or, in packet form, for customers’ to-go orders.
Sani Professional® Hands Instant Sanitizing Wipes:
- Kill 99.99% of germs on hands
- Proven 99.99% effective in 15 seconds against top foodborne pathogens*
- More effective than gels at removing dirt and soil from hands*
- Approved and recommended for use prior to handling, preparing or eating food
- NSF certified
- FDA Food Code compliant